Tabs

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Games for Chromebook

Before I write this article, I would like to apologize for the lack of time that I have been dedicating to this blog over the past month. Unfortunately school and work caught up to me, and I simply did not have time to dedicate to writing. However, my course load has decreased significantly for the summer, and I hope to be writing much more! Keep on the lookout for new posts, as they should be more frequent.

So, as my second computer, I own a Chromebook. While a brilliant netbook, it doesn't have many uses past surfing the web and writing quick notes. I use it primarily for school, and would only recommend it to someone with similar needs from a second computer. While obviously the Chromebook is not built for playing games, every once and a while you might need a break from all that note-taking. Here are 3 of my favorite options.

1. Pokemon!

Who doesn't like the old GameBoy Pokemon games? Well, if you have misplaced/sold your GameBoy and want to relive that nostalgia, it's possible! I found a website recently called playr that allows you to play all of your old GameBoy games in flash format. There are tons of options, my favorite being Pokemon. The best part, if you make a free account, you can save your progress.

2. Monster Dash

Run games are all over the place now. They all have the same basic premise, you control the jumping and attacking of a character that runs at an increasing speed and try to see how far you get. This one in particular is very smooth, with 4 separate environments. It's a bit short, but definitely fun, and completely free.

3. Classic Snake Game

Kongregate, the website most commonly known for being directly associated with GameStop, is actually a very good flash game website. Packed with free games, you can spend your free time messing around with tons of different options. My favorite is Snake. Simple but fun, I have spent far too much time trying to up my high score on this old-school game.

No comments:

Post a Comment